Servings: 6 Prep 20 mins Microwave 10 mins
- 6 medium-size sweet red peppers
- 1 cup tricolor pearl couscous (such as Bob's Red Mill) cooked following package directions
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 large scallions, trimmed and chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Leafy lettuce (optional)
1. Trim about 1/2 inch off tops of peppers; remove seeds and core. Place cut side down in a microwave-safe glass baking dish. Pour in 1/2 cup water and cover with microwave-safe plastic wrap, venting at one corner. Microwave on high for 8 to 10 minutes until tender. Remove peppers from dish and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine cooked couscous, chickpeas, cucumber, feta, scallions and parsley.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Stir into couscous mixture.
4. Stuff peppers with an equal amount of couscous mixture, about a scant cup in each. Serve at room temperature or chilled, on a bed of leafy lettuce, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 341, Fat, total (g): 7, chol. (mg): 22, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 57, fiber (g): 8, pro. (g): 14, sodium (mg): 792, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.