Servings: 4 Prep 20 mins Total Time 40 mins
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 12 ounces ground lamb
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 cups Weekend-Prepped chickpeas, drained
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Brush a 2-quart baking dish with 1 teaspoon olive oil. In a medium bowl combine lamb, egg, panko, cumin, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Form into 12 meatballs and place in the baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes or until meatballs reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl combine the arugula, chickpeas, lemon juice, 2 teaspoons olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat. Serve with the meatballs.
- 8 cups water
- 1 pound dried chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon salt
1. In a slow cooker combine water, chickpeas and salt. Cook for 5 to 6 hours on high heat or until tender. Refrigerate in cooking liquid.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 366, Fat, total (g): 19, chol. (mg): 102, sat. fat (g): 7, carb. (g): 25, Monounsaturated fat (g): 9, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 2, Trans fatty acid (g): 1, fiber (g): 6, sugar (g): 4, pro. (g): 24, vit. A (IU): 572, vit. C (mg): 8, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 5, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 246, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): 2, sodium (mg): 567, Potassium (mg): 639, calcium (mg): 91, iron (mg): 4, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.