Servings: 6 Prep 20 mins Grill 4 mins
- 2 large pitas, brushed with olive oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups chopped romaine
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large English cucumber, halved and sliced into half-moons
- 1 cup sliced scallions
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
1. Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Grill pitas on medium-high heat for 1 to 2 minutes per side, until lightly charred. Set aside to cool.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, zest, vinegar, garlic, 1/4 tsp of the salt and the pepper. Toss dressing with romaine, tomatoes, cucumber, scallions, parsley, mint and remaining 1/2 tsp salt. Tear cooled pita into bite-size pieces and toss with rest of salad.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 178, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 21, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 4, sodium (mg): 415, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.