Servings: 6 Yield: 6-1/2 cups Prep 10 mins Start to Finish 30 mins
- 3 cups dried elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons light butter with canola oil
- 2 tablespoons all-pupose flour
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 6 ounces reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded ( 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 6 ounce container plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 6 tablespoons salsa (optional)
1. Cook macaroni as directed on package. Drain and return to pot; keep warm. While macaroni cooks, in a medium saucepan melt the light butter with canola oil over medium heat. Stir the flour into the butter. Whisk in the milk all at once. Cook and stir until milk is thickened and bubbly. Cook 1 minute more. Remove the pan from the heat and add the cheese; stir until smooth. Stir in the yogurt. Add sauce to macaroni and stir to combine.
2. In a medium skillet, brown ground chicken and cumin over medium heat until no longer pink, stirring to break up meat as it cooks. Stir seasoned meat into the macaroni. If desired, top each serving with 1 tablespoon of salsa.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 467, Fat, total (g): 14, chol. (mg): 95, sat. fat (g): 7, carb. (g): 49, Monounsaturated fat (g): 1, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 2, sugar (g): 5, pro. (g): 37, vit. A (IU): 523, vit. C (mg): 1, Thiamin (mg): 1, Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 4, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 141, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 396, Potassium (mg): 199, calcium (mg): 300, iron (mg): 3, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.