Servings: 24 Yield: meatballs Prep 20 mins Slow Cook 3 hrs on HIGH
- 1 1/2 ground beef, pork and veal mixture or ground chuck
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (28 oz) fire-roasted crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 chipotles in adobo, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1. In a large bowl, combine ground meat, bread crumbs, milk, eggs, chili powder, garlic powder and 1/2 tsp each of the salt and cumin. Form mixture into 24 meatballs, using about 1 tablespoonful for each.
2. Coat slow cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray. Stir in tomatoes, broth, garlic, oregano, remaining 1/2 tsp each salt and cumin, and the chipotles. Add meatballs.
3. Cook on HIGH for 3 hours. Stir in cilantro before serving.
Tip For easy cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 24; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 88, Fat, total (g): 4, chol. (mg): 34, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 6, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 7, sodium (mg): 265, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.