Servings: 10 Prep 15 mins Soak overnight Slow Cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours
- 1 pkg (16 oz) Goya 16-bean soup mix
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, sliced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and dice
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz) Del Monte Zesty Chili Style diced tomatoes
- 4 ounces cured chorizo, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped, plus more for serving (optional)
- Tortilla chips and sour cream (optional)
1. Rinse beans and place in a large saucepan. Cover with water and soak overnight.
2. Coat bowl of slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Drain beans and add to slow cooker. Stir in onion, celery, carrots, garlic, broth, tomatoes, chorizo and 2 cups water.
3. Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
4. To serve, stir in salt and cilantro. Accompany with tortilla chips, sour cream and additional cilantro, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 10; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 217, Fat, total (g): 5, chol. (mg): 10, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 30, fiber (g): 8, pro. (g): 13, sodium (mg): 667, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.