Servings: 4 Hands On 25 mins Total Time 30 mins
- 8 6 - 8 inches corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1 15 ounce can cannellini or other white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow or orange sweet pepper
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh oregano
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups matchstick-size pieces seedless watermelon
- 1 ripe avocado, seeded, peeled and lightly mashed
- 1 lemon, halved
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Place the tortillas directly on middle oven rack. Bake until golden brown in spots and around edges, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a work surface; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, stir together cabbage, beans, sweet pepper, oregano, olive oil, salt and pepper. Just before serving, gently toss in the watermelon.
3. Spread avocado evenly on the tortillas. Drizzle with lemon juice from half of the lemon. Top with prepared watermelon slaw and remaining lemon juice.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 308, Fat, total (g): 12, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 43, Monounsaturated fat (g): 7, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 11, sugar (g): 10, pro. (g): 9, vit. A (IU): 1707, vit. C (mg): 72, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 63, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 487, Potassium (mg): 399, calcium (mg): 92, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.