Servings: 4 Yield: servings Prep 20 mins Bake 400°F 1 hr 15 mins Cool 10 mins
- 1 1/2 pounds plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 pound zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 pound small eggplant, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 medium red onion, cut into 1/4-inch half-moons
- 4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon marjoram leaves
- 3/4 cup ricotta
- 3 tablespoons grated Asiago cheese
- 3 tablespoons whole-grain panko
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees . Grease a 2-quart oval baking dish.
2. Around edge of dish, alternately fan tomato and zucchini slices. They will be standing up on edge once finished. In middle of dish, fan eggplant slices so that they overlap. Randomly tuck in onion slices and sprinkle garlic over top. Drizzle 4 tbsp of the olive oil over gratin and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle marjoram leaves over top.
3. Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees for 60 minutes. Dollop ricotta over top and sprinkle with Asiago and panko. Bake, uncovered, for an additional 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
4. Cool 10 minutes. Drizzle with remaining 2 tbsp olive oil and serve.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 375, Fat, total (g): 29, chol. (mg): 28, sat. fat (g): 8, carb. (g): 23, fiber (g): 8, pro. (g): 11, sodium (mg): 555, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.