Servings: 6 Prep 20 mins Slow Cook 7 hrs
- 3 red potatoes (about 1 pound), sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives (optional)
- 1 28 ounce can no salt added whole tomatoes, drained
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 3 1/2 - 4 pound whole chicken, cut up and skinned, or 3 to 3 1/2 pounds meaty chicken pieces with bone (breast halves, drumsticks, thighs), skinned
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley or cilantro
1. Coat the inside of a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Layer the potatoes, olives, if desired, tomatoes, and chickpeas in the cooker; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Add chicken pieces to the cooker. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 hours.
2. Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and set aside. Use a slotted spoon to transfer potatoes, olives, tomatoes, and chickpeas to a platter (discard remaining liquid in cooker). Top vegetables on platter with chicken. Squeeze lemon halves over chicken and vegetables. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 372, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 104, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 32, Monounsaturated fat (g): 3, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 2, fiber (g): 6, sugar (g): 5, pro. (g): 40, vit. A (IU): 340, vit. C (mg): 34, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 13, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): 1, Folate (µg): 32, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 339, Potassium (mg): 1047, calcium (mg): 111, iron (mg): 4, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.