Servings: 4 Prep 10 mins Cook 10 mins
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound flank steak
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 package (8.5 ounces) pre-cooked jasmine rice (such as Uncle Bens Ready Rice)
- 4 cups shredded napa cabbage
- 1 medium-size cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch-thick half-moons
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped basil
1. Pulse cilantro, lime juice, soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar, garlic and red pepper flakes in a blender until smooth; set aside.
2. Heat canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Place steak in skillet and cook 4 minutes. Flip and cook an additional 4 to 6 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 135 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer, for medium-rare. Allow to rest 5 minutes. Cut against the grain into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
3. Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package directions. Spoon rice onto a plate and let cool 5 minutes.
4. In a large serving bowl, combine rice, cabbage, cucumber, scallions and basil and drizzle with 6 tablespoons cilantro dressing; toss until combined. Top salad with sliced steak and drizzle with remaining dressing.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 338, Fat, total (g): 11, chol. (mg): 37, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 29, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 29, sodium (mg): 673, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.