Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Cook 5 hrs to 6 hrs (low) or 10 to 12 hours (high)
- 1 pound boneless beef round steak, cut 3/4 to 1 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons Italian-style tomato paste
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 16 ounce package frozen pepper stir-fry vegetables (yellow, green, and red peppers and onion)
1. Trim fat from heat. Cut meat into 4 serving-size pieces; sprinkle lightly with salt and black pepper. In a large skillet, brown meat on both sides in hot oil. Transfer to a 3-1/2- or 4-quart electric crockery cooker.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, and Worcestershire sauce; pour over meat in crockery cooker. Top with frozen vegetables. Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. (Or, cover and cook on low-heat setting 10 to 12 hours). Serves 4.
Tip Dietary Exchanges:
Test Kitchen Tip:
- 3 vegetable, 3-1/2 lean meat.
- If you can't find Italian-style stewed tomatoes and tomato paste at your supermarket, buy regular tomato products and add 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 290, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 49, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 17, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 30, sodium (mg): 426, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.