Servings: 8 Prep 4 mins Cook 25 mins Grill 8 mins
- 1 pound onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Hot Dogs:
- 1 1 pound package hot dogs (8 dogs)
- 8 hot dog buns
Make It Topping:
1. In large skillet, cook onions in butter, with the skillet covered, over medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add water, ketchup, pepper flakes, and salt; cook, covered, 10 minutes, stirring. Hot Dogs:
2. Prepare outdoor grill with hot coals or heat gas grill. Grill hot dogs about 8 minutes, turning several times throughout cooking. Toast buns if you wish.
3. To serve, spoon about 1/4 cup onion mixture over each hot dog.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 368, Fat, total (g): 23, chol. (mg): 37, sat. fat (g): 9, carb. (g): 31, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 11, sodium (mg): 1054, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.