Servings: 8 Prep 10 mins Chill 2 hrs Grill 30 mins
- 1 beef tenderloin (2-1/2 to 3 pounds)
- 3 cloves garlic, cut into thin slivers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Caper Mayonnaise (on www.familycircle.com)
1. Pat meat dry with paper toweling. Using tip of sharp paring knife, make small slits all over meat. Insert garlic slivers. Rub meat with oil. Press peppercorns onto meat. Sprinkle with salt. Refrigerate 2 hours.
2. Prepare outdoor grill with hot coals on one side, or heat gas grill on one side to hot (to oven-roast, see below). Sear meat on all sides over direct heat, about 5 minutes total. Move to side of grill off of direct heat. Cover grill; cook 12 minutes. Turn meat over; cook 12 minutes or until instant-read thermometer inserted in center of meat registers 145 degrees F for medium-rare. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with Caper Mayonnaise.
Variation To Oven-Roast:
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Place tenderloin on greased roasting rack. Roast for 40 minutes or until instant-read thermometer registers 145 degrees F for medium-rare.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 255, Fat, total (g): 14, chol. (mg): 88, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 1, fiber (g): , pro. (g): , sodium (mg): 133, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.