Servings: 8 Yield: 8 chili dogs Prep 15 mins Cook 5 mins Grill 5 mins
- 1 15 ounce can red kidney beans, drained, rinsed and coarsely mashed
- 1 8 ounce can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder (such as McCormick) or regular chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 fat-free hot dogs (such as Ball Park)
- 8 hot dogs rolls
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat 4-cheese Mexican-blend shredded cheese
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
1. In medium-size saucepan, combine beans, tomato sauce, sugar, chili powder, cumin and oregano. Simmer on medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring.
2. Spray a stovetop grill pan or skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Grill hot dogs for about 5 minutes, turning halfway.
3. To serve, place hot dogs in rolls. Spoon chili over the top of each. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon of the cheese and some of the chopped onion.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 276, Fat, total (g): 4, chol. (mg): 15, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 43, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 17, sodium (mg): 966, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.