Servings: 4 to 6 Yield: 2 cups Prep 10 mins Marinate 30 mins Cook 2 mins
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and bias-sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or snipped dried cherries
- Finely shredded lime peel (optional)
1. Blanch carrots in a large saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain and run under cold water to quickly cool the carrots.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the lime juice, oil, honey, salt, and pepper. Add carrots; cover and let stand 30 minutes.
3. To serve, drain the marinade from the carrots; discard. Toss the carrots with cranberries. Garnish with lime peel, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 166, Fat, total (g): 7, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 27, Monounsaturated fat (g): 4, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 2, fiber (g): 4, sugar (g): 19, pro. (g): 1, vit. A (IU): 18416, vit. C (mg): 11, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 24, sodium (mg): 225, Potassium (mg): 390, calcium (mg): 40, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.