- 1 cup white rice
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 pound extra-firm tofu, cut into 4 rectangles
- Olive oil
1. In a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add the rice. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the spinach on top of the rice, cover, and simmer for 5 more minutes or until the rice is tender and water is absorbed. Toss with form to combine and let sit covered.
2. In a baking dish, whisk together the soy sauce, maple syrup, and sesame oil. Marinate tofu in the mixture for 10 minutes, turning once.
3. Preheat a grill to medium, and grease with olive oil. Grill the tofu until browned (reserving marinade), about 4 minutes per side. Serve with rice and spinach. Drizzle with remaining marinade.
- If there's time before cooking, remove excess water from the tofu. Sandwich the block between paper towels and place a heavy dish on top for 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 341, Fat, total (g): 11, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 44, Monounsaturated fat (g): 6, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 3, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 2, sugar (g): 4, pro. (g): 16, vit. A (IU): 3667, vit. C (mg): 17, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 2, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 233, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 330, Potassium (mg): 210, calcium (mg): 268, iron (mg): 6, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.