Servings: 4 Prep 40 mins Start to Finish 40 mins
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into bite-size chunks
- 2 cups weekend-prepped couscous, heated
- Chopped cilantro (optional)
1. In a small bowl combine 3/4 cup water, syrup, tahini, soy sauce, and cornstarch; set aside.
2. In a large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add asparagus and carrots. Cook 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add pork; cook 4 minutes more. Add the reserved sauce. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened and pork is just barely pink in the center. Serve over cousous with cilantro garnish, if using.
- 1 12 ounce box whole wheat couscous
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
1. Cook whole wheat couscous in reduced sodium chicken broth according to package directions. Chill.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 434, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): 74, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 55, Monounsaturated fat (g): 4, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 3, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 10, sugar (g): 13, pro. (g): 35, vit. A (IU): 10839, vit. C (mg): 9, Thiamin (mg): 1, Riboflavin (mg): 1, Niacin (mg): 9, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): 1, Folate (µg): 63, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): 1, sodium (mg): 409, Potassium (mg): 875, calcium (mg): 86, iron (mg): 5, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.