Servings: 1 Yield: loaf, 12 servings Prep 15 mins Bake 350°F 48 mins
Master Cornbread Recipe
- 1 1/4 cups cornmeal
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup golden (or regular) flaxseed meal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 8 slices cooked and crumbled bacon
Make It Master Cornbread Recipe
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees . Line a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan with nonstick foil. Set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk cornmeal, flour, flaxseed meal, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, whisk oil, yogurt and eggs. Add other ingredients as directed below.
2. Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Fold in any extras. Transfer batter to prepared pan and bake as directed. Cool completely on a wire rack. Maple Bacon
3. Add 1/2 tsp baking powder to dry ingredients. Whisk 1/2 cup maple syrup into wet ingredients. Fold 8 slices cooked and crumbled bacon into mixed batter. Transfer to prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees for 48 minutes.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 1; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 272, Fat, total (g): 15, chol. (mg): 47, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 29, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 5, sodium (mg): 246, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.