Servings: 4 Active Time 20 mins Total Time 30 mins
- 1 large firm-ripe mango, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, sliced in thin rounds
- 1 jalapeno chile, sliced in thin rounds, seeds removed
- 1 knob (2 inches) fresh ginger, peeled, very thinly sliced, and julienned
- 1 pound sea scallops
- Black pepper
- 2 teaspoons vanilla, divided
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- 4 thin lime slices
- Black beans and tortilla chips, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Prepare four parchment hearts.
2. Arrange mango slices over half of parchment paper. Divide shallots, chile rounds, and ginger over mango; divide scallops over top. Season generously with salt and pepper. Drizzle 1/2 tsp. vanilla over each batch of scallops; dot with butter. Top with a slice of lime, then seal.
3. Arrange the packets on two large baking sheets. Bake 10 minutes, switching pan position halfway through. Transfer packets to plates with a wide spatula. Slit tops; gently open. Serve with the black beans and tortilla chips.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 445, Fat, total (g): 13, sat. fat (g): 8, carb. (g): 54, fiber (g): 7, sugar (g): 12, pro. (g): 28, sodium (mg): 1060, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.