Servings: 8 Prep 15 mins Slow Cook 6 hrs on HIGH or 8 hrs on LOW
- 3 pounds boneless pork shoulder
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 3-inch piece ginger, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1 can (13.5 oz) coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 box (8 oz) pad thai rice noodles
- Scallions and chow mein noodles (optional)
1. Place pork shoulder, onion, ginger and garlic in bottom of slow cooker. In a bowl, whisk stock, coconut milk, lime juice, curry powder, sugar, 1/2 tsp of the salt and the red pepper flakes. Pour over pork. Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
2. Using tongs, carefully remove pork to a cutting board and shred. Stir remaining 1/2 tsp salt into liquid and return shredded pork to slow cooker. Meanwhile, prepare rice noodles per package directions.
3. Divide rice noodles among 8 bowls, then ladle some pork and broth on top. Garnish with scallions and chow mein noodles, if using.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 350, Fat, total (g): 16, chol. (mg): 65, sat. fat (g): 11, carb. (g): 30, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 21, sodium (mg): 400, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.