- 1 cup walnuts, toasted
- 4 garlic cloves,
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus more if needed
1. In the bowl of a food processor, combine walnuts, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, cayenne, basil, Parmesan, salt and pepper and pulse until well blended.
2. With processor running, stream in olive oil until smooth, about 1 minute. If pesto is too thick, add more olive oil.
3. Transfer pesto to an airtight container and place a layer of plastic wrap on top of pesto to help prevent browning. Seal container and store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 61, Fat, total (g): 6, chol. (mg): 3, sat. fat (g): 1, fiber (g): , pro. (g): 2, sodium (mg): 126, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.