Servings: 6 Yield: 8 cups Active Time 30 mins Total Time 45 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 5 cups fresh or frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- Shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
1. In a large pot heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and celery. Cook and stir for 5 minutes. Add 2 cups of the corn, the vegetable stock, potatoes, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer about 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
2. Transfer soup in batches to a blender or food processor. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Stir in the remaining corn. Let cool completely. Transfer mixture to an airtight container. Cover and freeze for up to 3 months.
3. To serve, thaw soup in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 days. Transfer thawed soup to a large pot. (Mixture will appear separated.) Cook over medium heat about 15 minutes or until heated through, stirring frequently. Stir in milk; heat through. If desired, top each serving with shredded cheddar cheese.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 253, Fat, total (g): 6, chol. (mg): 7, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 46, Monounsaturated fat (g): 3, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 4, sugar (g): 15, pro. (g): 9, vit. A (IU): 766, vit. C (mg): 22, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 3, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 74, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 630, Potassium (mg): 825, calcium (mg): 117, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.