Servings: 6 Yield: servings Prep 20 mins Slow Cook on HIGH for 51/2 hours or LOW for 71/2 hours
- 1 small head cauliflower (1 3/4 lbs), trimmed and cut into florets
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 bunch red Swiss chard (about 3/4 lb), stems trimmed slightly and chopped, or 1 bunch fresh spinach, trimmed
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 can (15.5 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup mild curry paste (such as Patak)
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- Cooked basmati rice
- Toasted cashews, chopped (optional)
- Plain yogurt (optional)
1. Coat slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Combine cauliflower, potatoes, stems from Swiss chard, onion and chickpeas. Stir in oil, salt and pepper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk curry paste, warm water and brown sugar. Add to slow cooker along with tomatoes and raisins. Stir to blend. Cover and cook on HIGH for 5 hours or LOW for 7 hours.
3. Chop Swiss chard leaves or spinach. Add to slow cooker. Re-cover; cook 30 minutes more. Gently stir. Serve curry over basmati rice. Garnish with cashews and a dollop of yogurt, if using.
Tip For easy cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 542, Fat, total (g): 13, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 97, fiber (g): 12, pro. (g): 14, sodium (mg): 1044, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.