Servings: 4 Prep 25 mins Bake 400°F 25 mins Cook 10 mins
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 x 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound flank steak, thinly sliced against the grain
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 sweet red peppers, cored, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Cubano or Italian frying peppers, cored, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Place sweet potatoes on baking sheet and toss with 1 tablespoon of the canola oil and season with salt, paprika and pepper. Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes until tender, turning once.
2. Meanwhile, heat remaining tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add flank steak and stir-fry for 4 minutes; remove to a plate. Add onion, peppers, garlic and cumin; stir-fry for 6 minutes. Stir in soy sauce, vinegar and tomatoes; bring to a simmer.
3. Stir beef with any accumulated juices, sweet potatoes and cilantro into the skillet. Heat gently and serve over cooked brown rice.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 497, Fat, total (g): 18, chol. (mg): 62, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 47, fiber (g): 8, pro. (g): 38, sodium (mg): 704, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.