Servings: 16 Yield: 16 cookies Active Time 40 mins Total Time 1 hr
- 1/2 16 1/2 ounce roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 3/4 cup canned chocolate frosting
- Orange and black edible food coloring markers
- 16 - 48 Jordan almonds
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut, toasted
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut the cookie dough into 8 slices, then halve each slice. Roll the dough portions into balls, then flatten each slightly into a 1- to 1 1/2-inch round and arrange on the prepared sheet.
2. Bake until light golden, about 8 minutes. While the cookies are still warm, use the back of a teaspoon to make a small indent in the center of each. Let cool completely.
3. Use the food writers to add eyes and a beak to each Jordan almond. Place the frosting in a piping bag fitted with a large round tip. Spoon a generous amount of frosting in the center of the cookie, then cover the "nest" with shredded coconut. Press one, two, or three almond chicks into place.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 16; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 131, Fat, total (g): 6, chol. (mg): 2, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 18, Monounsaturated fat (g): 2, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): 1, fiber (g): , sugar (g): 13, pro. (g): 1, vit. A (IU): 5, vit. C (mg): , Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): , Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 10, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 88, Potassium (mg): 53, calcium (mg): 4, iron (mg): , Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.