1. Whisk together flour, pistachios and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
2. In another large bowl, beat butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth, about 3 minutes. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Mixture may look curdled. On low speed, beat in flour mixture. Divide dough in half; form into two disks. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate at least 2 hours.
3. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Working with half of the dough at a time, roll out on a floured surface to 3/16-inch thickness. Using a 3-inch tree cutter, cut out cookies and place on prepared baking sheets. Using a drinking straw, cut out "ornaments" from half the cookies. Reroll scraps if necessary and repeat with remaining dough for a total of 48 cookies.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F for 11 minutes or until cookies just begin to turn golden. Remove from baking sheets to wire racks and let cool.
5. Dust half of the cutout cookies with confectioners' sugar. Spread 1/2 teaspoon raspberry jam on each remaining cookie. Place cutout cookies on top of jam-topped cookies. Let stand at room temperature until set.