Prep 25 mins Slow Cook HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak
- 4 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 cup lentils, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped red sweet pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup snipped fresh parsley
1. Trim fat from meat. Cut into 3/4-inch pieces. For a richer soup, cook beef in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned; otherwise, use uncooked meat. Place in a 31/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Stir in broth, lentils, 1 cup water, sweet pepper, onion, carrot, celery, garlic, cumin and cayenne.
2. Cover and cook on HIGH for 31/2 to 4 hours or LOW for 7 to 8 hours. Stir in parsley. Ladle soup into bowls.
Tip For easy cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 265, Fat, total (g): 7, chol. (mg): 50, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 24, fiber (g): 11, pro. (g): 26, sodium (mg): 353, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.