Servings: 8 Prep 15 mins Slow Cook 8 hrs on LOW
- 6 cups vegetable stock or broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 16 ounce bag red lentils (such as Arrowhead Mills)
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Flatbread (such as Stonefire naan, optional)
1. Whisk together stock, tomato paste, mustard, cumin, turmeric, cayenne and salt in the base of a slow cooker. Stir in lentils, diced tomatoes, onion, carrot, celery, garlic and bay leaves. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
2. Stir in chickpeas and cilantro. Serve with flatbread, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 341, Fat, total (g): 3, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): 57, fiber (g): 15, pro. (g): 22, sodium (mg): 778, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.