Servings: 4 Prep 20 mins Total Time 20 mins
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more for pasta cooking water
- 8 ounces orecchiette pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Zest and juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, torn
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking water; set aside.
2. In a very large skillet heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp, lemon zest, juice, garlic, and crushed red pepper. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until shrimp is just opaque. Add the peas and continue to coo 3 minutes more. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
3. Add the pasta to the pan along with the cooking water, if needed, to moisten. Heat through. Top with basil.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 371, Fat, total (g): 5, chol. (mg): 183, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 51, Monounsaturated fat (g): 3, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 4, sugar (g): 4, pro. (g): 31, vit. A (IU): 907, vit. C (mg): 10, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 22, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 465, Potassium (mg): 377, calcium (mg): 90, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.