Servings: 4 to 6 Yield: 6 cups Prep 15 mins Slow Cook 5 hrs 30 mins
- 3 carrots, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- dash crushed red pepper (optional)
- 2 cups dried red lentils (12 ounces), rinsed
- 4 1/2 cups vegetable both
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Place the carrots, onion, garlic, and crushed red pepper, if desired, in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Add 2 tablespoons water and cover bowl with waxed paper. Microwave on 100% power for 4 minutes.
2. Coat the inside of a 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Add the onion mixture, lentils, broth, and salt to cooker; stir to combine. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 1/2 hours.
3. Stir in the oregano, rosemary, lemon peel, lemon juice, and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 371, Fat, total (g): 2, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 61, fiber (g): 16, sugar (g): 7, pro. (g): 28, vit. A (IU): 7483, vit. C (mg): 7, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 2, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 12, sodium (mg): 500, Potassium (mg): 196, calcium (mg): 91, iron (mg): 5, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.