Servings: 4 Prep 25 mins Cook 8 mins to 10 mins
- 4 4 ounces chicken cutlets or small skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place the flour in a shallow dish and dredge the chicken in the flour until coated on both sides, shaking off excess.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to skillet. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through; remove chicken from skillet and cover to keep warm. Reduce heat to medium. Add 1/2 cup of the chicken broth to the skillet; bring to boiling. Use a wooden spoon to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan and continue cooking for 1 minute more.
3. Add lemon slices and remaining 1/4 cup broth and lemon juice to the skillet. Turn heat to high and cook, stirring constantly, until the liquid is reduced to a syrupy glaze (about 2 1/2 minutes). Remove from heat and stir in the butter until melted. Drizzle sauce and lemon slices over chicken and sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 240, Fat, total (g): 13, chol. (mg): 81, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 5, Monounsaturated fat (g): 7, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): , sugar (g): , pro. (g): 25, vit. A (IU): 194, vit. C (mg): 5, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 12, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): 1, Folate (µg): 20, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 392, Potassium (mg): 441, calcium (mg): 10, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.