- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons cold, unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 8 ounce tub mascarpone cheese
- 1 8 ounce frozen pound cake, thawed and cut into 1-inch x 2-inch chunks
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 6 - 12 edible flowers, such as roses or violets (optional)
1. In a large saucepan whisk together the sugar, eggs, egg yolks, lemon zest and juice. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium-low heat until the mixture reaches 160 degrees F on a candy thermometer, about 8 to 12 minutes. Remove from heat. If the mixture is lumpy, strain through a fine mesh sieve. Add the butter, one piece at a time, whisking constantly and heating, as needed, over low heat to melt the butter. Transfer to a medium bowl, cover with plastic wrap touching the surface of the curd. Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours, until the curd has cooled and thickened. Whisk in the mascarpone.
2. Toast pound cake pieces under the broiler until golden brown. In an 8-oz. glass, layer about 1/4 cup pound cake, cup lemon curd, and 2 Tbs. blueberries. Repeat layers once. Top with edible flowers, if using. Repeat with the remaining ingredients in 5 more glasses.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 641, Fat, total (g): 41, chol. (mg): 355, sat. fat (g): 23, carb. (g): 58, Monounsaturated fat (g): 5, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 1, sugar (g): 48, pro. (g): 9, vit. A (IU): 1414, vit. C (mg): 13, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): , Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 35, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 166, Potassium (mg): 101, calcium (mg): 101, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.