- 30 chocolate wafer cookies, crushed into crumbs
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (2 to 3 lemons)
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line a 9x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil 2 inches over the sides of the pan.
2. In a large bowl combine the cookie crumbs, butter and sugar; mix well. Press the crumbs over the bottom and slightly up the sides of the prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes; let cool completely.
3. In a large bowl combine the cheese, sweetened condensed milk, and lemon zest. Beat with an electric mixer for 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add the lemon juice; beat 2 minutes more. Spread filling over cooled crust. Freeze until set, about 3 hours. Use the foil to lift the bars from the pan.
4. In a medium bowl combine the strawberries, orange juice, sugar, and lemon extract. Set aside until ready to serve, up to 30 minutes. Spoon mixture over slices.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 16; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 215, Fat, total (g): 12, chol. (mg): 35, sat. fat (g): 7, carb. (g): 23, Monounsaturated fat (g): 2, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 1, sugar (g): 17, pro. (g): 3, vit. A (IU): 350, vit. C (mg): 15, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): , Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 16, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 108, Potassium (mg): 138, calcium (mg): 84, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.