Servings: 4 Prep 20 mins Total Time 30 mins
- 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 cups whole grain wheat couscous
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 recipe Chicken Kebobs
1. Zest and juice 1 lemon. Juice second lemon. In a small saucepan combine 1 1/2 cups water, raisins, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Stir in couscous. Cover, remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Stir in green onion and lemon zest.
2. On baking sheet, whisk 1/4 cup juice and oil. Add skewers and turn to coat. Season skewers with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Preheat broiler to high (500 degrees F). Transfer skewers to lightly greased broiler pan. Broil until chicken is cooked through and peppers are soft, turning over halfway through, about 12 minutes. Serve kebobs with couscous.
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 medium green sweet pepper
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
1. Chop chicken thighs and green pepper into 1-inch chunks. Assemble 8 identical metal skewers, alternating chicken, grape tomatoes, and green pepper. Refrigerate.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 464, Fat, total (g): 13, chol. (mg): 108, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 60, Monounsaturated fat (g): 6, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 2, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 6, sugar (g): 17, pro. (g): 31, vit. A (IU): 1006, vit. C (mg): 46, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 6, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): 1, Folate (µg): 31, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 527, Potassium (mg): 693, calcium (mg): 44, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.