Servings: 1 Yield: loaf, 12 servings Prep 15 mins Bake 350°F 1 hr 5 mins
Master Cornbread Recipe
- 1 1/4 cups cornmeal
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup golden (or regular) flaxseed meal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup agave syrup
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 pkg (6 oz) blueberries
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
Make It Master Cornbread Recipe
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees . Line a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan with nonstick foil. Set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk cornmeal, flour, flaxseed meal, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, whisk oil, yogurt and eggs. Add other ingredients as directed below.
2. Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Fold in any extras. Transfer batter to prepared pan and bake as directed. Cool completely on a wire rack. Lemon Blueberry
3. Add 1/4 cup all-purpose flour and 1/4 tsp baking soda to dry ingredients. Whisk 1/2 cup agave syrup, 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar, 1/4 cup lemon juice and 2 tsp lemon zest into wet ingredients. Toss 1 pkg (6 oz) blueberries with 1 tbsp all-purpose flour and fold into mixed batter. Transfer to prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees for 60 to 65 minutes.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 1; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 301, Fat, total (g): 13, chol. (mg): 43, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 42, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 4, sodium (mg): 190, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.