1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat bowls with nonstick cooking spray; coat with flour. Place foil liners into muffin-pan indents.
2. Combine cake mixes, eggs, buttermilk and oil. Beat on low speed until just combined. Increase speed to high; beat until smooth, about 2 minutes. Spoon 2-1/2 cups batter into each of the largest bowls, 1 cup batter into each of the medium bowls and 1/2 cup batter into each of the smallest bowls. Divide remaining batter among the 9 prepared cupcake cups.
3. Bake at 350 degrees until cake is golden and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean: about 17 minutes for the cupcakes, 22 to 25 minutes for smallest bowls, 30 minutes for the medium bowls and 40 to 43 minutes for large bowls. Transfer cakes to a wire rack and cool completely.
4. Meanwhile, place the coconut in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Transfer to a medium bowl. Cut fruit leather into a 6-inch and an 8-inch length. Fold each in half, pressing to secure, to get 3-inch and 4-inch lengths. Use scissors to cut fringe on short end of each piece.
5. Invert cooled bowl cakes onto work surface. Trim flat sides to make level.
6. Place one of the large bowl cakes, flat-side up, on a platter. Spread top with vanilla frosting. Place the other cake layer on top, flat-side down, to create a ball. Spread a thin layer of the frosting all over cake. Gently press the coconut all over to cover. Repeat with the remaining cakes to make 2 smaller balls.
7. Place the medium ball on top of the large ball. Insert a trimmed chopstick or wooden skewer for support. Place the 2 pieces of fruit leather as the scarf on top of the middle cake. Add the small ball cake on top. Add more coconut, if necessary.
8. Cut the orange fruit slice into a 3/4-inch triangle for the nose and attach in the center of the small cake. Add the mini chips, pointed-end in, as the eyes and the mouth. For the hat, attach the 2 cream- filled cookies to the flat chocolate cookie with some of the remaining vanilla frosting. Arrange hat on top of snowman.
9. Spread remaining vanilla frosting on top of the cupcakes, sprinkle the tops with the coconut and serve with snowman. Makes 24 servings.