1. Heat oven to 325 degrees F degrees . Line jelly-roll pan with waxed paper. Combine nuts, flour and salt in bowl.
2. Beat whites, cream of tartar in bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in 1/2 cup sugar until firm peaks form.
3. Beat yolks and remaining sugar in bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in oil and vanilla. Fold yolk mixture into whites. Fold in nut mixture in 3 additions. Spread in prepared pan.
4. Bake in 325 degree F oven 20 minutes, until center springs back when lightly pressed. Remove from pan; remove paper; cool right side up. Trim sides; cut crosswise into thirds. (Can be made month ahead. Stack pieces with waxed paper; wrap; freeze.)Prepare curd:
5. Simmer berries, sugar, ginger and water in saucepan 5 minutes. Force through sieve; discard solids. Whisk cornstarch into puree. Return to saucepan. Cook 1 minute to thicken. Place in bowl; cool slightly, 15 minutes. Whisk in butter. Cool. Refrigerate. (Can be made up to 5 days ahead.)Prepare cream:
6. Beat cream and sugar in bowl until stiff peaks form. Reserve one-third for serving.To assemble:
7. Place a cake layer on serving plate. Spread half of cranberry curd evenly over top. Top with cake layer; spread with remaining whipped cream. Top with third layer; spread on remaining curd. Serve with reserved whipped cream. Garnish with cranberries, pistachios and grape-ivy leaves if desired. Makes 12 servings.