The popular combination of peanut butter and jelly provides the filling for this sensational torte recipe. A lattice pastry design makes this a holiday-worthy dessert.
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 15-1/2 x 10-1/2 x 1-inch jelly roll pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Blend flour and salt. Cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add peanut butter; quickly work into mixture. Stir in sugar, egg and egg yolk. Add peanuts; mix well. Divide dough in half; form into 2 discs.
3. Press half of the dough evenly into bottom and up sides of prepared pan. Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes.
4. Roll remaining dough between 2 sheets of parchment or waxed paper to a 1/4-inch thickness. Put on a baking sheet; freeze for 15 minutes.
5. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Spread jam over baked dough. Remove top piece of paper from chilled dough. Cut into 1 inch strips. Arrange in lattice pattern atop jam. Press ends of strips to edge.
6. Brush egg wash over pastry. Sprinkle nuts around edge. Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes. Cool on rack.