1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two 9 x 2-inch round cake pans with cooking spray. Line bottoms with waxed or parchment paper. Coat paper with spray.Cake:
2. In medium-size bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt. In large bowl, beat sugars, oil, eggs and vanilla on medium speed until blended. On low, beat in flour mixture until smooth. Stir in carrots, nuts and cranberries. Divide batter between pans, spreading evenly.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 42 to 44 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack 10 minutes. Turn out and cool completely.Frosting:
4. In large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until creamy. Gradually beat in confectioners sugar until smooth.
5. With serrated knife, cut each cake horizontally in half. Place one layer on cake plate and spread with 1 cup frosting. Repeat two more times with layers and frosting. Place remaining layer, cut-side down, on top and spread with remaining frosting. Garnish with berries and nuts. Makes 16 servings.