1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 8-inch (6-cup) straight-sided layer-cake pans.
2. Combine molasses, boiling water and baking soda in 2-cup glass measure; this will bubble up. Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves and salt on waxed paper.
3. Beat butter and sugar in bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Alternately stir in flour mixture and molasses mixture, beginning and ending with flour. Divide into prepared cake plans.
4. Bake in 350 degrees F oven 25 minutes. Cool in pans on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove cakes from pans to rack to cool completely.
5. With serrated knife, cut cakes horizontally in half. Place one layer on serving platter, cut side up. Frost top with about 2/3 cup Orange-Cream-Cheese Frosting. Repeat with remaining layers. Refrigerate until serving time. Garnish with orange rind and raspberries.Orange-Cream-Cheese Frosting:
6. Beat 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened, and 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, softened, in bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in 1-pound box confectioners sugar until well blended and smooth. Beat in 2 teaspoons grated orange rind. If frosting is too soft, cover and refrigerate until desired consistency.
1. Beat low-fat cream cheese, softened, and butter or margarine, softened, in bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in confectioners sugar until well blended and smooth. Beat in grated orange rind. If frosting is too soft, cover and refrigerate until desired consistency.