Makes 16 servings at 51o each. Prep: 1 hour. Bake: at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes. Freeze: 21/2 hours.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour 9-inch springform pan. Place eggs still in shell in bowl of hot tap water to cover; let stand 15 minutes to warm eggs.
2. Combine flour and cornstarch in bowl. Combine butter, vanilla and almond extract in small bowl.
3. Beat together eggs and sugar in large bowl at high speed for 5 minutes or until tripled in volume. Sift flour mixture in 3 additions into eggs, folding gently after each addition. Fold in almonds and butter mixture until combined; do not overmix. Pour batter into prepared pan.
4. Bake in 350 degrees F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until center springs back slightly when pressed. To avoid cake collapsing, do not open oven door early to check cake. Cool cake in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
5. Run knife around inside edge of pan; remove side of pan. Invert and remove cake pan bottom. Turn cake right side up; cool completely on rack. Wash and dry pan.Prepare Fudge Sauce:
6. Combine cream and sugar in medium-size saucepan. Bring to boiling. Place chocolate in large bowl. Pour cream mixture over chocolate; let stand 1 minute and stir until smooth.
7. Place ice cream in refrigerator for 30 minutes to soften.
8. Cut cake in half horizontally with serrated knife. Place bottom layer, cut side down, back in springform. Pour half of fudge sauce, about scant 1 cup, over cake layer. Freeze for 30 minutes or until firm.
9. Spread softened ice cream over fudge layer, spreading level. Place remaining cake layer, cut side down, on top. Spread remaining sauce on top; if too thick to spread, warm slightly, whisking until smooth. Cover pan with foil; freeze at least 2 hours.
10. To serve, remove sides of pan. Place cake on serving plate. Pipe on whipped cream for garnish if desired.