1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Place apples in bottom of baking dish; drizzle with lemon juice. Top with raisins, cinnamon and nutmeg.
3. In large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, blend egg, sugar, 1/4 cup of the milk, the melted butter and vanilla.
4. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and stir in egg mixture. Pour batter over apples in baking dish.
5. In a small saucepan, combine remaining 1/4 cup milk, 2 tablespoons butter and caramel sauce; bring to a boil, then remove from heat and pour over batter in baking dish.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick tests clean. Spoon out servings and serve with whipped cream, if desired.