1. Place berries in a large bowl. Sprinkle with sugar; toss to combine.
2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.Prepare Biscuits:
3. Combine flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda in large bowl. Using pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in butter until mixture is texture of coarse meal. Make well in center. Mix together buttermilk and vanilla; stir into flour mixture just until ball forms.
4. Scrape dough onto well-floured surface; knead gently 5 or 6 times. Pat to 3/4-inch thickness; cut out into 3-inch rounds. Place rounds on baking sheet. Lightly brush milk over biscuits; sprinkle with tablespoon sugar.
5. Bake in 425 degrees F oven for 12 to 14 minutes until lightly golden. Cool on rack slightly. Split biscuits in half horizontally. Serve warm with berries and whipped cream if you wish.