1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Toss potatoes with 1 tablespoon of oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt in large bowl until well coated. Arrange in single layer on large baking sheets or jelly-roll pans.
2. Bake in 400 degree F oven 8 minutes. Turn potatoes over. Bake 5 minutes until just tender. Remove from oven; set aside. Lower temperature to 375 degrees F.
3. Meanwhile, saute onion in remaining oil in large nonstick skillet 3 minutes. Add garlic; saute 1 minute. Stir in lamb, breaking up clumps; cook until no longer pink, 4 to 6 minutes. Stir in cinnamon, oregano, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper. Add tomatoes. Bring to boiling. Lower heat; cover; simmer 10 minutes.
4. Gradually whisk milk into flour in saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring, 5 to 7 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt and the nutmeg.
5. Whisk eggs in small bowl. Slowly whisk in 1 cup milk mixture. Whisk egg mixture into milk mixture in pan. Stir in all but 1/4 cup Parmesan.
6. Lightly grease a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. Sprinkle bottom with crumbs. Arrange potatoes in pan in about 2 layers. Top with meat mixture; pour in milk mixture. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Place on baking sheet.
7. Bake in 375 degree F oven 45 to 55 minutes until golden brown and puffy. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Makes 8 servings.