This Greek-inspired recipe combines lamb prepared in the slow cooker with noodles and a savory, lemon-flavored sauce.
1. In a small bowl, stir together olive oil, lemon zest, Greek seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper. Rub over lamb shanks.
2. Place lamb shanks in slow cooker and sprinkle leeks around them. Pour 1/4 cup of the broth and 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice over shanks. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4-1/2 hours or LOW for 6 hours.
3. Remove shanks to a cutting board and let cool. Shred meat with fingers or two forks and set aside.
4. Strain liquid in slow cooker into a fat separator and pour de-fatted liquid into a medium-size saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, stir together remaining 1/4 cup broth, remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice and cornstarch. Whisk cornstarch mixture into liquid and boil for 1 minute or until thickened. Cover and keep warm.
5. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Cook noodles according to package directions, about 11 minutes. Drain and return to pot. Add lamb meat and sauce, and stir to combine. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.