Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Broil 6 mins
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 large cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds ground lamb
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 6 pocketless pitas, warmed slightly
- 1 jar (10-1/2 ounces) herb-flavored feta cheese
- 3 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
Make It Yogurt Sauce:
1. In a small bowl, mix together yogurt, cucumber, lemon juice and salt. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Filling:
2. Heat broiler. In a large bowl, mix together lamb, mint, oregano, salt, pepper and lemon zest. Form into 6 patties, each 1 inch thick. Broil for 3 minutes per side. Remove from broiler. Gyros:
3. Slice patties; arrange 2 pieces of cooked lamb down center of each pita. Evenly divide yogurt sauce, feta and lettuce among the six pitas.
4. Fold each side of the pita over the filling in the center. Secure with a toothpick or with parchment paper.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 554, Fat, total (g): 28, chol. (mg): 126, sat. fat (g): 15, carb. (g): 40, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 34, sodium (mg): 1236, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.