Servings: 6 Prep 20 mins Slow Cook 15 mins to 10 hrs HIGH or LOW
- 2 pounds boneless lamb shoulder, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red sweet pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- Basmati rice and naan (optional)
1. Coat slow cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray. Place lamb in slow cooker.
2. In a small bowl, combine garam masala, coriander, 1/2 tsp of the salt, 1/2 tsp of the pepper and the turmeric. Season meat with spice mixture. Scatter onion, ginger and garlic over lamb.
3. Pour tomatoes and broth over top. Cover and cook on LOW for 10 hours.
4. Stir in green and red peppers and remaining 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper. Cook on HIGH for 15 minutes.
5. Stir in cilantro. Serve with yogurt and, if desired, basmati rice and naan.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 363, Fat, total (g): 21, chol. (mg): 110, sat. fat (g): 9, carb. (g): 11, fiber (g): 817, pro. (g): 31, sodium (mg): 817, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.