Servings: 1 Active Time 10 mins Total Time 15 mins
- 3/4 cup mashed potatoes, warmed
- 1 tablespoon homemade or store-bought basil pesto
- 1 fried or sunny side up egg
- Dash salt
- Dash freshly ground black pepper
1. Place mashed potatoes on a serving plate. Top with pesto and fried egg. Season with salt and pepper.
Servings: 36 Active Time 10 mins Total Time 20 mins
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped sweet onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup cream sherry
- 3 cups fresh basil leaves
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. In a medium skillet heat 2 Tbsp. of the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes more. Add the cream sherry. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sherry has nearly evaporated.
2. In a food processor, combine the onion mixture, basil, spinach, Parmesan, pine nuts, salt, and pepper. Cover and process until finely chopped. With the motor running, slowly drizzle in the remaining 4 Tbsp. oil. Process until smooth.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 1; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 322, Fat, total (g): 18, chol. (mg): 203, sat. fat (g): 7, carb. (g): 29, Monounsaturated fat (g): 7, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 3, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 3, sugar (g): 3, pro. (g): 10, vit. A (IU): 885, vit. C (mg): 11, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 2, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 44, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): 1, sodium (mg): 849, Potassium (mg): 564, calcium (mg): 92, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.