Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Cook 2 mins Slow Cook 6 hrs on HIGH or LOW for 9 hours
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 5 pounds beef short ribs
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 3 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 3 cups cooked white rice
1. Combine soy sauce, sugar, oil, vinegar, ginger, garlic and red pepper in a bowl.
2. Place ribs in a 5-quart slow cooker; add sauce. Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 9 hours, until meat is tender.
3. Transfer ribs to a platter. Skim and discard excess fat from liquid. Combine cornstarch and 3 tablespoons water; blend with liquid in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook for 2 minutes, stirring, until thickened. Stir in carrots. Top ribs with sauce, scallions and sesame seeds. Serve with cooked rice.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 518, Fat, total (g): 23, chol. (mg): 92, sat. fat (g): 8, carb. (g): 43, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 33, sodium (mg): 829, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.