Servings: 4 Active Time 25 mins Total Time 25 mins
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 5 teaspoons packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 pound 90% lean ground beef (ground sirloin)
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced, whites and greens divided
- 1 cup packaged julienne carrots or coarsely shredded carrots
- 2 cups hot cooked jasmine rice
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
1. In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, sugar, vinegar and pepper.
2. In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and ginger. Cook and stir for 30 seconds. Add beef and cook until no pink remains, stirring to break up the meat as it cooks. Stir in the sauce mixture and green onion whites. Heat through.
3. Serve beef over rice. Top with carrots, remaining green onions, and sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 388, Fat, total (g): 14, chol. (mg): 74, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 34, Monounsaturated fat (g): 6, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 2, Trans fatty acid (g): 1, fiber (g): 1, sugar (g): 9, pro. (g): 27, vit. A (IU): 5262, vit. C (mg): 5, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 7, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 23, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): 3, sodium (mg): 651, Potassium (mg): 605, calcium (mg): 44, iron (mg): 3, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.